9:31 AM

In the Author Spotlight & Contest

Abby Wood

CONTEST: I’ll offer one lucky person who leaves a posts their pick of either Going Down at the Dock or Throwing a Kink in the Kidnapping. I’ll draw the name Sunday and email the winner. Please make sure to leave your email addy.

AL: Hi Abby. Thanks for being in the “Author Spotlight” this week.

Abby: Thank you for having me, Ann. I’m excited about being here.

AL: So, tell us what’s happening with you.

Abby: Which day is it? Lol Half the time I feel like I am running in several directions, and trying to figure out exactly what I should be doing. Between four teenagers, taking care of the farm animals, and writing I lose track of the time easily.

AL: So, tell us about your new release.

Abby: I’d love to. Going Down at the Dock is a hot peek into the lives of a Master and his slave. I loved showing how a strong business woman gives up control to visit her wild side. Master Darren knows exactly what she needs to find fulfillment too.

AL: What other erotic tales do you have simmering on the stove for us to eat up?

Abby: I have three books coming soon. Tagging Her Lynx is an erotic paranormal set in Alaska, and Winning Off the Court is a short tale featuring a woman who finally heats things up with two of her tennis mates. Both of those will be coming out with Breathless Press. I also have another paranormal erotic coming out at Loose Id called Didja Know…? Of course, Throwing a Kink in the Kidnapping is a newer release that you can read while you wait for all these books to hit the stores. 

AL: When did you know you wanted to be a writer? An erotic writer at that?

Abby: I’ve always wrote, but last year I was approached and asked to try my hand at writing the kinky stuff. I’ve loved it ever since. I love delving into my characters, and writing what happens in and out of the bedroom brings them more to life for me.

AL: What do you hope for your writing career in the next few years? Any goals that you have yet to obtain that you have set for yourself?

Abby: I want to keep putting books out there and growing my reader base. I’d love to get to that point where I hear someone is dying for my next book. lol

AL: What do you like best about writing? What is your least favorite thing?

Abby: My favorite thing is staying home. With having a family, it is nice to be right here looking over everybody. My least favorite…gosh, that’s hard because I love writing. I’d have to say finding homes for my books. It’s hard and a little scary.

AL: What’s the most unglamorous thing you’ve done in the past week?

Abby: Um, I live on a farm. There are a lot of unglamorous jobs! This week I would say it was cleaning the chicken coop.

AL: If you had to write yourself as a villain, what kind of villain would you be? What would you be named?

Abby: I want to be the evil sister who causes havoc. Did you see how fast I answered that question? Lol I grew up the only female in the house. I have no idea what having a sister is like, and it would be fun to torment another girl for awhile.

AL: What were you like as a kid?

Abby: A total tomboy. All my friends were boys and I hung out with them playing sports. I play a hell of a game of basketball and usually win at tennis.

AL: What decadent delight must you have no matter what?

Abby: A cheesecake has never been thrown away at my house. Just saying…

AL: Can you share some of your plans for 2010 and beyond?

Abby: What? It’s 2010! Dang, there’s that loss of time thing happening again. I want to feel like a writer. I’m still pretty new at all this. I question everything, and cringe when I promote my books. By the end of the year, I’m going to figure it all out.

AL: Please share a favorite quote(s) with us.

Abby: "I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." By Audrey Hepburn

AL: Thanks so much for sharing with joining us this week, Abby.

Abby: Thank you! I’ve had so much fun.

AL: If you’d like to find out more about Abby please visit:

www.authorabbywood.com

FEATURED TITLE: GOING DOWN AT THE DOCK

Blurb:

Businesswoman Jasmine Kendall needs one thing to escape her high pressured life: a powerful man who will bend her and make her submit. Meeting Master Darren Finnagen can give her everything she dreamed. He’s a man who will control her every move, push her to new heightened orgasms, and bring her total happiness. His latest plans for her include a jaunt down a shipping dock where she must make three strangers come, but when she’s done, will Darren be waiting for her or was this just a test?

Excerpt:

“It pleases me to see you enjoying yourself. You’ve permitted that inner wild flower hidden inside to come out to play.” He gathered her in an embrace. “It turns me on to see you lose control of that high society, business owner, façade you wrap yourself up in every day in that high rise building you own.”

“I do it for you, Darren.” She sobbed. “Only you.”

“Aw, my poor love. Your body still needs attention, does it not?” He pulled back and gazed down at her face.

She nodded.

“Remember when I told you that your pussy is all mine?” He stepped back.

She wrapped her arms around her middle. “I’m sorry—“

He held up his hand. “No, love. ‘Tis my fault. I pushed you too far, but you had nothing to fear. I was watching you the whole time. I would not let another man have something so precious of mine.” The soft lilt of his voice smoothed her anxiety over displeasing him.

She tilted her head.

“You enjoyed knowing that I watched. The fact that others stopped and stared at your vagrant display of power over men twice your size turned you on, didn’t it?” He loosened his tie.

“Yes, Darren.”

“The difference between you and me, love…” He pulled his shirttails out of his trousers. “I know you prefer to have someone encourage you to obey. You want to feel small, feminine, and let someone bigger and stronger than you control every morsel of desire in that lovely body of yours, yes?”

“Yes, Darren.”

He opened his arms out to the side of him and walked in a circle. “How many people do you see watching us like we are a spectator sport and wondering what is going to happen? They gaze longingly at your long, golden legs beneath that very skimpy blouse and hope they will get a chance to see you wrap them around my hips as I plunge into you and take what is mine. Dare I even say…they hope I will punish you for letting three strange men have their freedom with you?”

She flicked her gaze at the crowds gathered up on the decks of the ships and at the end of the dock. A twirl of excitement started low in her tummy, spread out to the hidden bits of her womanhood, and brought her back to her high sense of arousal the other men brought out in her.

“If it’s okay with you, love, let’s give them what they ask for….” He stepped toward her and grabbing a handful of her thick hair at the back of her head brought her forward for a kiss that both urged her on and showed her exactly who controlled the situation.

She whimpered against his lips and he let her go abruptly. He stepped back. His hands trailed along the opened V of her blouse, grasped each side, and ripped the buttons off the rest of the shirt. She gasped. Her head fell back and she languished at the vulnerability that overcame her knowing the strangers gazed upon her body.

REMEMBER: I’ll offer one lucky person who leaves a posts their pick of either Going Down at the Dock or Throwing a Kink in the Kidnapping. I’ll draw the name Sunday and email the winner. Please make sure to leave your email addy.

 

31 comments:

Heather said...

Now, now, my dear Abby, you know what I think of the story. *naughty grin*

Just stopping by to show my love for a fellow word artist, one who writes a hot scene, and dips into the depths of desire.

You go, Lady!

Abby Wood said...

Heather! *tackle hug*

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you, my dear. :-)

Selena Illyria said...

Fantastic interview. Sounds like a HOT book.

susan said...

Your book sounds good. Glad to stop in an say hi and catch up on things with you. susan L.

Abby Wood said...

Hi Se *waves*

Glad you got the comments to work. =)
It was a fun book to write, and gave me a little practice writing pirate too! lol

Abby Wood said...

Hi Susan,

Thanks for stopping by. It means a lot! :-)

Eva S said...

Thanks for the great interview and the hot excerpt! I'll be looking for your books!

eva.silkka at gmail.com

Lynn Lorenz said...

Abby, this looks like a winner of a book!
Hot, sexy and seductive.

Abby Wood said...

Hi Eva and Lynn,

Thanks for stopping by. I just received my first review this morning for Going Down at the Dock. The reviewer said: Each scene became more and more risque’ and the written word became pictures in my mind.

I'm pretty much grinning from ear to ear! =)

Jianne Carlo said...

Great excerpt Abby! Can't wait to read,

Jianne Carlo

Jeanne Barrack said...

Abby, I must say that I knew you had to be a naughty writer because of your name...I mean, Abby Wood??? :~D Any way you put it -- would or wood it's naughty.
Nice interview!!
(Seriously, cleaning chicken coops?)

Abby Wood said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jianne. *hugs*

Jeanne- I keep thinking I'll make a banner for my website saying "Just Do It...Abby Wood". I think Nike has the copyright for that though. lol

Yeah *shakes head* chicken coops. I'm the barn goddess around here. It is a glamorous life I lead. lol

MariElle said...

Hi Ann
Haven't read any of your work yet so would love to win... have met a lot of great authors thru fb and related blogs etc- so would love for you to be next
Have a good week,
MariElle

Abby Wood said...

MariElle,

Good luck! I have your name down and will draw a winner on Sunday. I'll contact the winner by email.=)

Ann Lory said...

Hey everyone! Thanks for dropping by and thank you to Abby for being here this week. I have to tell you that I love the cover for Kink in the Kidnapping. When I was on your site and checking out your work I sat up straighter in my seat and said, "HELLO!" LOL!

Abby Wood said...

Thank you for having me Ann, I'm having a blast and your questions were great. =)

Isn't that a great cover? It fits the storyline perfectly.

The Scarf Princess said...

I agree with you about cheesecake. There's nothing better in the world! An amaretto cheesecake is especially yummy.

joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

Abby Wood said...

Hi joder- Believe it or not...I have never had that kind of cheesecake. I must hunt one down and give it a try. lol Although, I shouldn't. Oh heck with it, I will. Thanks!

SiNn said...

awesome interview and excerpts a new to me author sounds great if i win either one would be awesome since i havent had the privlage of reading either of them

SiNn said...

i forgot my email lol oops

mortalsinn@yahoo.com

April Ash said...

Gotta love a man in control...especially when you crave to be submissive and enjoy the ride!
Marianne/April
marianne@mariannestephens.cnet

Abby Wood said...

SiNn - Thank you for the nice compliments. Ann always has the neatest questions and I had so much fun answering them.

April- Isn't that the truth! Something about listening to a man in complete control that can make a girl melt. =)

Unknown said...

LOL...you mean you don't lounge around all day in a penoir with a cigarette in a holder, and those little high-heeled poofy slippers, and eat canapes served by a butler in a tux? :-)

Don't enter me, I've got both books, and I'm anxiously awaiting more!

Marianna Lauren

CallMeKayla said...

This sounds like a great book! I would love to read it. :)

kaylajohnson3969@sbcglobal.net

booklover0226 said...

I enjoyed both the post and the excerpt. I look forward in reading your works.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 At gmail DOT com

Abby Wood said...

Marianna- Even the barn goddess doesn't work at night. *wink* Thanks hon, I'm glad you enjoyed my books. Keep watching, I've got a few more that will be coming out soon. =)

CallMeKayla and booklover - Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. I've got you both entered!

Gina Kincade said...

Hi Abby!
Ohhh, They both sound just juicy and delightful! I would not be able to choose between them easily that is for sure.
Looking forward to reading your books Abby, whether I win one or buy one! Nice!

Abby Wood said...

Hi Gina!

Thank you =) I love that term...juicy. lol Great description!

Thanks for stopping by and reading my interview.

Geewiz387 said...

Thank you so much for sharing with us. I also live on a farm and don't have much time to myself. Love the excerpt can't wait to read it. GEE

Abby Wood said...

GEE- Someone who understands! lol Right when you think you'll find some extra time, an animal gets loose, hay has to be cut, or the tractor goes belly up. *shakes head* I suppose that makes us appreciate those rare quiet times where we do get to read. =)

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be here through the weekend in the off chance anymore people want entered in the contest.

Abby Wood said...

I've contacted the winner. Thank you all for commenting. I had a blast here this week. Feel free to follow me on Twitter and Facebook. (you can find my links at www.authorabbywood.com)I periodically run contest so you'll get another chance at a free book or other prize.

Thank you again, Ann. :-) This was a lot of fun!